‘Dwarfs’ in Haryana to get allowanceSeptember 25th, 2008 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 25 (IANS) Haryana has become the first state in the country to introduce an allowance scheme for dwarfs, an official said Thursday.The scheme, ‘Haryana allowance to dwarfs’, has been implemented under a social welfare initiative of the Haryana government, a spokesman said.
A person whose height is less than 3 feet 4 inches would qualify to be called a dwarf, he said.
Four dwarfs have already been identified under the scheme and were being given an allowance of Rs.300 per month.
He said that a budgetary provision of Rs.3.4 million had been made in the current financial year for the scheme.
To be eligible for the allowance, a claimant would have to be a domicile of Haryana and should be living in the state for over one year. A medical certificate from a competent health authority will be required to prove that the person is a dwarf.
- Haryana raises monthly aid to daughters-only parents - Jul 07, 2011
- Home loans up to Rs.15 lakh get 1 percent cheaper - Jul 04, 2012
- Sibal inaugurates 'e-certificate' for candidates qualifying in UGC-NET exam - Mar 03, 2011
- Seven-foot tall woman draws crowds in Bengal - Jul 03, 2012
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Zero-deficit Kashmir budget promises jobs - Mar 07, 2011
- The long and short of British law - Sep 08, 2010
- Budget: Minority girl students to get free cycles - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget boost for women, child development programmes - Mar 16, 2012
- Govt. approves extension of ECHS facilities to Nepal Domiciled Gorkhas - May 27, 2010
- Tripura announces pension, housing schemes for journalists - May 22, 2012
- Over 40,000 scholarships provided to minority community - Jul 13, 2012
- Chhattisgarh tribals issued invalid caste certificates - Aug 19, 2012
- People cheer as Bihar goes online with public services - Dec 01, 2011
- All Punjab villages to have 'E-gram' services by December - Aug 04, 2010