Duranis’ domestic help sent to 14 days CBI custodyJune 28th, 2008 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 28 (IANS) A court here Saturday sent Raj Kumar, the domestic help of a doctor couple, to 14 days custody with the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in connection with the twin murders of teenager Aarushi and her family’s domestic help Hemraj. The CBI Friday had arrested Raj Kumar, who worked for Praful and Anita Durani, who were close friends of Aarushi’s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Raj Kumar was arrested after the CBI recovered a blood-stained T-shirt from the room he lived in. His blood-stained bicycle was also seized.
Aarushi, 14, was found dead in her Noida apartment May 16. The police initially named missing domestic help Hemraj as the prime suspect but he himself was found murdered on the terrace of the house the next day.
The Noida police arrested Rajesh Talwar May 23 for the twin murders. The CBI took over the case June 1 after a public outcry over the shoddy manner in which the Noida police had conducted the investigations.
The CBI arrested Talwar’s compounder Krishna June 13.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- No blood stains seen on Rajesh Talwar's dress: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail - Jul 03, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail - Mar 14, 2012