Duncan Fletcher back as Proteas’ consultantFebruary 25th, 2009 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, Feb 25 (IANS) Former England coach Duncan Fletcher has been called back to the South African team as a consultant ahead of the Test series against Australia that begins here at Wanderers Thursday.
The Zimbabwe-born Fletcher, who plotted the downfall of Australia in the Ashes when he was the coach of England in 2005, was used by Proteas coach Mickey Arthur on a consultancy basis before and during the first part of South Africa’s successful tour of Australia.
There was no official announcement of Fletcher’s presence, but neither were the South Africans keeping it under wraps as Fletcher joined them for their training session at SuperSport Park Monday.
- Australian's wary of Fletcher's appointment as India's coach - Apr 27, 2011
- Fletcher to take over Indian cricket team after Windies tour (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Duncan Fletcher appointed Indian cricket team coach - Apr 27, 2011
- Fletcher doesn't rule out coaching South Africa - Jan 15, 2011
- Duncan Fletcher appointed India's cricket coach - Apr 27, 2011
- 'Silver Fox' Fletcher boosts Proteas ahead series against England - Nov 18, 2009
- Feels strange to be back in England, says Fletcher - Jul 14, 2011
- England must charm locals to win Ashes Down Under: Arthur - Nov 05, 2010
- Cricket South Africa begins search for new Proteas head coach - Dec 23, 2010
- Cummins has an uncanny similarity to Steyn: Arthur - Nov 22, 2011
- Poor World Cup for African nations - Mar 31, 2011
- Great chance for youngsters to perform, says Raina - May 31, 2011
- Oz conqueror Arthur backs Aussies to win Ashes - Oct 18, 2010
- English celebrations must wait until Sydney Ashes Test win: Fletcher - Dec 31, 2010
- Flower, Strauss owe England's success to Fletcher - Aug 14, 2011