Dubai to host Arab Media Forum 2008April 17th, 2008 - 12:52 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, April 17 (IANS) The Arab Media Forum 2008 will be held here April 23-24 to discuss how new technology has influenced local, regional and international media, WAM news agency reported. The theme for this year’s forum is ‘Bridging Arab Media Through Technology’.
The forum would discuss a range of issues including challenges and opportunities before the media industry, consolidations driving the growth of Arab broadcasting networks, and the impact of Internet on media in the Arab world.
“The Arab Media Forum will draw the participation of more than 50 leading Arab media professionals from North Africa, the Gulf Cooperation Council, the US, Britain, Germany and Australia,” Mona Al Marri, chairperson Dubai Press Club, said.
“The forum will seek to address the growth of the media against a backdrop of rapidly evolving new technologies. The specialized workshops will focus attention on media and technology in the Maghreb region, talent drain in media, and the Gulf media’s adoption of new technologies,” she added.
The forum would end with a gala ceremony for the Arab Journalism Awards that will honour outstanding journalists.
- Arabic bloggers to compete for best blogging award - Jun 11, 2010
- Dubai to host technology investing forum - Apr 14, 2010
- Forum seeks help of media to fight human trafficking - Apr 13, 2011
- Dubai to host 17th GCC e-government, e-services conference - May 19, 2011
- UAE,Canada discuss relations - Sep 02, 2012
- Gulf company to celebrate rise of Asia at Delhi gala - Oct 02, 2011
- Gulf company to celebrate rise of Asia at New Delhi gala - Sep 21, 2011
- Heart disease awareness campaign begins in Dubai - Apr 14, 2012
- Dubai Energy Council, CNBC sign pact - Mar 11, 2011
- Dubai to host 9th Arab Media Forum - May 09, 2010
- British embassy honours Dubai foundation - Sep 12, 2011
- UAE seeks to strengthen ties with Australia - May 06, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host Global Aerospace Summit 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- Dubai to host seventh Investing in Technology Forum - May 03, 2010
- Dubai Hospital to be permanent training venue of IAEA - Feb 23, 2011