Dubai financial centre to offer London University degreeJune 22nd, 2008 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 22 (IANS) The Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) has tied up with the University of London’s Centre for Financial and Management Studies (CeFiMS) at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) to offer its post-graduate degree in finance and financial law in the Gulf. “As our region enjoys exceptional growth, it is critical for us to create a large pool of skilled talent that can fuel a changing, evolving economy,” DIFC governor Omar Bin Sulaiman said in a statement here Sunday.
“Our partnership with the University of London is part of our objective of collaborating with the world’s leading education institutions to facilitate access to globally-ranked executive education in the region,” he added.
Based in Dubai, the two-year programme would offer courses taught by CeFiMS academic faculty, according to the DIFC statement.
The subjects covered in the programme will include corporate finance, financial law and risk management.
Chief executive of DIFC’s Centre of Excellence Faten Hani said the new M.Sc programme would start from November this year.
“Rapid changes in financial markets and Dubai’s increasing importance as an international financial hub have created huge demand for specialist knowledge and expertise in finance,” she said.
CeFiMS director Laurence Harris said the University of London’s postgraduate degree in finance and financial law was a specialist qualification.
“It attracts students who have good qualifications in law, or in economics, business or other subjects, and many are at high levels in their profession. We are proud to be offering this world-class M.Sc programme in Dubai now,” he said.
The DIFC is an onshore hub for global finance and bridges the time gap between the financial centres of Hong Kong and London.
There are over 650 firms registered at the DIFC.
- IDBI opens branch in Dubai - Jun 03, 2010
- Indian banks, financial service firms using Dubai as base for regional expansion - May 03, 2010
- Apex court strikes down rounding off marks for admission - Sep 01, 2012
- Jamia extends postgraduate admission date - Jul 14, 2010
- Dubai to launch new payment settlement system - Aug 09, 2009
- Reliance Asset Management starts Dubai operations - Apr 11, 2010
- International Compliance Association opens office in Dubai - Sep 17, 2008
- IGNOU starts four new courses - May 09, 2010
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- Indian varsities fuel Mauritius' 'knowledge hub' dream - Feb 17, 2011
- Majority of UAE professionals want to pursue higher studies: Study - Apr 06, 2010
- Tokyo varsity beckons Indians to study in Japan - Feb 27, 2012
- Dubai International Financial Centre simplifies laws - Sep 20, 2009
- UAE calls for greater trade ties with India - Oct 29, 2009
- Jamia to introduce OMR application forms - Apr 13, 2011