Dubai-based Kerala businessman gets bail in airport brawl caseFebruary 24th, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 24 (IANS) A court here Tuesday gave conditional bail to Madathil Reghu, an influential Dubai-based businessman, for allegedly manhandling a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) trooper at the airport early this month.
The Thiruvananthapuram chief judicial magistrate’s court gave bail to Reghu on a deposit of Rs.500,000, two sureties and asked him to present himself for two days for police questioning.
Egyptian national Ahmmed Mohammed, who holds a British passport, was also involved in the brawl but got bail last week. The two jumped the queue at the immigration counter Feb 7 and allegedly manhandled the CISF trooper who sought to discipline them.
This case created a problem for the police here after the two, alleged to be close friends of Kerala Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan’s son, initially got away after the brawl.
But things turned for the worse for the duo after the media took up this issue and the CISF top brass protested the manner the police hushed up the issue.
Following this, the Kerala government Feb 16 suspended two police officials who had failed to register a case against the two.
Last week, Mohammed surrendered and was let out on bail while Reghu went into hiding and secured anticipatory bail but was asked by the court to appear before it before Feb 26.
- Kerala's senior police official suspended for airport brawl - Feb 16, 2009
- Chandy seeks probe into assault on Thiruvananthapuram airport staff - Feb 10, 2009
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail in land scam case - Jan 17, 2012
- Italian marines get bail - May 30, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Court stays trial of Italian marines till July 30 - Jul 24, 2012
- Italian marines get bail (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 30, 2012
- BSF man held at airport with bullets - Feb 04, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- CBI questions ex-CEO of Emaar MGF - Mar 05, 2012
- Will stay in Kerala till issue resolved: Italian minister - Mar 07, 2012
- Subramanian Swamy gets anticipatory bail (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Italian marines unhappy in prison, likely to be moved out - Mar 06, 2012
- Troopers arrested for harassing, assaulting girl students - Feb 06, 2011
- Denials, sobs over woman guard episode in Kerala assembly - Oct 14, 2011