Dual, integrated management courses for studentsApril 12th, 2012 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) Aiming to make higher education more industry-centric, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is now starting flexible dual degree and integrated courses in management, Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal said Thursday.
A flexible management programme being offered by the AICTE after class 12 will provide an undergraduate degree in three or four years, followed by a masters degree in five years.
“A student can enroll in the course after 12th. At the completion of three years, they will get a bachelors degree, after four years they will get applied management credit and then they can join the industry,” AICTE Chairman S.S. Mantha said.
“After few years of work, students can do one more year and get a masters degree in applied management,” he said.
Entry in the course will be through a common entrance test at first year. Students can also leave after three or four years, as per their wish, and may rejoin when they want.
Another set of integrated courses being brought by the AICTE will combine management with technical courses like engineering, pharmacy, and architecture.
“Considering the demand of technology managers, it is proposed to commence a five year dual degree programme and six months internship,” Mantha said.
“Students will not have to give CAT or MAT, they will spend one year in college and six months in internship, after which they will get the integrated management degree,” he said.
Both courses, will start from this academic year (2012-13), Mantha said.
- Programme to train 150 million school drop-outs - Oct 08, 2011
- AICTE studying plea against new institutions - Nov 25, 2011
- Opening of new technical colleges to become paperless - Jan 07, 2010
- Framework for vocational education launched - Feb 07, 2012
- IGNOU launches full-time MBA course - Mar 16, 2011
- Microsoft, Autodesk to provide free software to colleges - Oct 15, 2010
- Seven things to look at before you walk into a college (Comment) - Jun 19, 2011
- Sibal pitches for technology for school students (Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Common admission test for B-schools now - Dec 05, 2011
- IIM-Shillong will teach about China's growth story - Jan 31, 2012
- Punjab Technical University targets Asia, Africa - Aug 18, 2010
- Management colleges can double student intake - Jan 07, 2010
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- MCI moots reforms in medical courses, exams - Mar 30, 2011
- Tamil Nadu rejects engineering admission norms - May 04, 2011
Tags: aicte, bachelors degree, common entrance test, development minister, dual degree, flexible management, human resource development, india council, integrated management, kapil sibal, management courses, management degree, management human, mantha, masters degree, technical education, technology managers, undergraduate degree, work students, year 2012