DTC to give all women free ride on Raksha BandhanAugust 14th, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14(IANS) Women commuters in Delhi would be able to travel free in state-run Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses Saturday on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, the state government announced here Thursday. Women would be allowed a free ride in all DTC buses and green low-floor buses till 5 p.m. Saturday. Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi is a festival where sister ties a sacred thread on the wrist of her brother and he pledges to protect her.
“The decision has been taken to ensure that women reach their destinations without any hassle,” a Delhi government spokesperson said.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit also conveyed her greetings to all Delhi residents on the occasion of Independence Day and Raksha Bandhan.
“The decision of the Delhi government would certainly help thousands of women who will travel across the capital to celebrate the festival,” said Veena Gupta, who travels from east Delhi to northwest Delhi every year to celebrate the festival with her brother.
- Women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 01, 2012
- Delhi women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 23, 2010
- Women to get free bus ride in Delhi on Rakhi day - Aug 03, 2009
- Free Raksha Bandhan ride to women, kids in Haryana - Jul 31, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- Rakhi highlights importance of women in Indian society: PM - Aug 12, 2011
- Delhi women to get free bus ride on Bhai Duj - Nov 06, 2010
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with fervour - Aug 02, 2012
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- Haryana gifts women free bus rides for 'Rakhi' - Aug 17, 2010
- Mamata ties rakhi on officials, journalists - Aug 13, 2011
- Maharashtra celebrates Raksha Bandhan with fervour - Aug 24, 2010
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with gaiety - Aug 13, 2011
- Musical or cartoon rakhi - take your pick this Raksha Bandhan (Raksha Bandhan is on Aug 2) (With Images) - Jul 27, 2012
- Rakhi celebrated in Chandigarh - Aug 05, 2009