DTC: No shortage of CNG, buses running as usualJanuary 9th, 2009 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) Friday clarified that there was no shortage of compressed natural gas (CNG) and it had run 100 more buses than usual. “There is no shortage of CNG supply for our buses. The strike has in no way affected our buses and public buses are running as usual,” a DTC spokesperson told IANS.
“On average, 3,000 DTC buses ply on various routes across the capital ferrying millions of passengers everyday. Today, we increased the number to nearly 3,100 buses to help those who are facing problems after petrol pumps ran dry,” the spokesperson added.
Officers of public sector oil firms struck work Wednesday, leading to nearly 37,000 petrol pumps across the country running dry. Power stations have been unable to function due to lack of natural gas and the Mathura refinery, one of the largest in north India, has been forced to shut down.
- Gas line damage leaves Mumbai commuters on road - Mar 15, 2011
- Have CWG tickets? Then travel free in DTC, Metro - Feb 19, 2010
- Agartala to go green with CNG for vehicles, PNG for houses - Sep 14, 2011
- CWG makeover? DTC back to plying old buses (Year after CWG) - Oct 01, 2011
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- Trial begins in Delhi of first CNG-powered Volvo city bus - Jun 03, 2011
- CNG costs Rs.5.60 more a kg from midnight in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- Pakistan is largest CNG user in the world - Jun 03, 2011
- Essar Oil in pact with IGL for NCR CNG retailing - Mar 09, 2012
- Delhi readies for mass drill to test disaster preparedness - Feb 15, 2012
- Buy tickets while travelling on DTC buses: Dikshit - Jul 16, 2012
- Another DTC bus catches fire, depot manager suspended (Lead) - Dec 24, 2009
- Citing pubic sentiments, Dikshit withdraws VAT on CNG (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Two low floor DTC buses catch fire (Lead) - Dec 12, 2009
- Zipping through flyovers, Metro: Delhi reaps CWG legacy (Year after CWG) - Sep 30, 2011