DTC buses collide, 17 injuredOctober 1st, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) At least 17 passengers were injured when two Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses collided here Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred around 10 a.m. on Outer Ring Road in west Delhi’s Rajouri Garden area.
“Both the buses were heading towards Nehru Place. A bus running on route No. 442 was just ahead of another bus on route No. 568, when suddenly it was hit by the second bus.”
“In the resulting jolt, a total of 17 passengers sustained bruises,” a police officer said.
The injured were discharged after first aid at the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital.
Joginder, 33, the driver of bus No. 568 told police that a speeding car suddenly stopped ahead of him, and in order to avoid a collision, he made a sharp right turn and hit the other bus.
A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered, police said.
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Two dead, three injured in building collapse in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Bus mows down guard - Dec 29, 2011
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011
- Two kids killed as wall collapses - Mar 16, 2011
- Three killed in five-vehicle collision in Delhi - Aug 06, 2011
- Class four student run over in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Four injured in wall collapse - Jan 29, 2012
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012