DTC bus catches fire, passengers safeJanuary 9th, 2010 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) A Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus caught fire on Aruna Asaf Ali Marg in south Delhi Saturday. No one was, however, injured in the incident, a fire department official said.
“At around 10.25 a.m. today, a DTC bus plying on route number 729 caught fire on the Aruna Asaf Ali Marg in south Delhi. However, thanks to the driver’s presence of mind, no one was injured in the incident,” a fire department official told IANS.
The driver of the bus, Raj Kumar, said: “There was some fault in the engine of the bus which must have led to the fire. I saw the smoke and immediately stopped the bus. Thereafter, the passengers got down.”
The Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)-run DTC bus was on its way to Mori gate.
While this bus was from DTC’s old fleet, between Nov 30 and Dec 21 seven new low-floor DTC buses had caught fire - forcing the corporation to order a comprehensive check of the fleet by the end of this month.
- Another DTC bus catches fire, depot manager suspended (Lead) - Dec 24, 2009
- Another low-floor bus catches fire - Dec 20, 2009
- School bus carrying students catches fire in Delhi - Nov 26, 2009
- Two low floor DTC buses catch fire (Lead) - Dec 12, 2009
- Delhi city bus catches fire, driver injured - May 21, 2010
- Two low floor DTC buses catch fire, government orders inquiry (Roundup) - Dec 12, 2009
- CWG makeover? DTC back to plying old buses (Year after CWG) - Oct 01, 2011
- Another low-floor bus catches fire in Delhi - Dec 13, 2009
- Another DTC bus catches fire in Delhi - Dec 24, 2009
- Low floor DTC bus catches fire - Dec 12, 2009
- Another low-floor bus catches fire in Delhi - Dec 21, 2009
- Fire in another low floor bus, Dikshit promises action (Lead) - Dec 03, 2009
- Bus fires send Delhi government into tizzy - Dec 03, 2009
- Zipping through flyovers, Metro: Delhi reaps CWG legacy (Year after CWG) - Sep 30, 2011
- School bus catches fire in Delhi, students escape (Lead) - Nov 26, 2009