Drunken youth sets spouse on fireSeptember 29th, 2008 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Sep 29 (IANS) A minor dispute led a drunken man in a Chhattisgarh village to set his wife on fire, police said. The incident took place in Juna village in Surguja district, about 500 km from here, when an inebriated Kamlesh Vishwakarma, 22, quarrelled with his wife and killed her.
“It was a minor family dispute that provoked him to set her ablaze,” said a police official.
The couple has two daughters, under four. Vishwakarma is absconding.
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Alcoholic man commits suicide after killing wife, kids - Feb 26, 2010
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- Woman kills self, two children - Jul 09, 2010
- Man hacks wife, five daughters to death - Feb 20, 2012
- Family alleges teen killed in Chhattisgarh staged shootout - Jul 12, 2011
- Maoists set road construction vehicles ablaze - Feb 07, 2012
- Woman immolates self, three children - Apr 30, 2011
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Poverty-stricken woman set kids, herself ablaze - Aug 27, 2010
- Mother, daughter killed in Maoist attack - Apr 11, 2012
- Man stabs wife, flees - May 12, 2011
- Woman burnt alive over land dispute - Apr 05, 2011
- Man kills two minor daughters in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2012
- Man stones three minor nephews to death - May 20, 2011