Drunk kin of former legislator hits tanker, five injuredMay 20th, 2009 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, May 20 (IANS) Five people were critically injured when a kin of a former legislator rammed his vehicle into a stationary tanker in an alleged drunk state, the police said Wednesday.
According to sources, Rajveer Nagar, the brother-in-law of former Noida legislator and former state minster Nawab Singh Nagar, rammed his jeep into a tanker standing alongside a road at the Ghijor crossing near Sector-53 Tuesday night.
Eyewitnesses said that Rajveer was speeding and the impact of collision was so strong that the jeep fell several metres away after hitting the tanker and crashed into a group of construction workers who were eating their food by the roadside.
The five workers - identified as Ajay, Prakash, Mohan, Laxman and Geeta - were critically injured and were taken to Prakash Hospital.
While Rajveer was at the wheel, there were two passengers in the vehicle. After the accident Rajveer and his passengers fled the scene.
The police arrested Rajveer Wednesday and registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder at Sector-39 police station.
“We have impounded the jeep and arrested the driver Rajveer. The injured persons are undergoing treatment at the hospital,” a police official said.
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collision - Jan 03, 2012
- Elephant pair knocked down by tanker in Noida, one dies - Jun 29, 2012
- Five bus passengers injured in Noida accident - Oct 25, 2010
- Three dead in Delhi accident - Mar 13, 2012
- Eight die in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 12, 2011
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Three killed in road accidents in Greater Noida - Dec 30, 2009
- Noida toll bridge hike likely to be rolled back (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Seven killed in collision - Mar 28, 2011
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011