Drunk husband attacks estranged wifeMarch 6th, 2011 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) A drunk man attacked his estranged wife with a blunt object for not returning to live with him, police said Sunday.
“Sushma, 28, was on her way home Saturday night when her husband came on a bike in an inebriated condition and attacked her near Kali Mata Temple in Mongolpuri (in west Delhi),” said a senior police officer.
Sushma works as a helper in Jaipur Golden Hospital and was living separately from her husband of five years. The police refused to reveal the name of the assailant.
During investigation, police found that Sushma had walked out on her husband three years back and he was asking her to return. But she declined.
“Furious over this, the husband borrowed the bike from his relative and then attacked Sushma with a blunt object,” said the officer.
- Robbers kill 75-year-old woman in Meerut - Jan 18, 2011
- Woman, brother kill husband - Jul 30, 2011
- Three held for murder - Jun 14, 2011
- One dead in DTC bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Man arrested for killing sister, boyfriend - Aug 13, 2012
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, dies - Mar 30, 2012
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011
- Shiv Sena leader killed in Pune - Jul 17, 2012
- Elderly woman found killed in Delhi - May 04, 2012
- Bike-borne assailants attack scribe - Jun 07, 2011
- Two arrested for attacking women with blades - Dec 06, 2010
- Drunken son kills mother - Feb 05, 2011
- Doctor killed in Jaipur accident - Jul 23, 2012
- Woman shot at for not withdrawing molestation complaint - Jul 23, 2012