Drunk father kills three-month-old boySeptember 4th, 2008 - 1:20 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Sep 4 (IANS) A man who was inebriated and dashed his three-month-old boy on the ground was arrested in a Chhattisgarh village Thursday. The child died on the spot.The incident took place Wednesday night when Sundarlal, 35, returned home and asked his wife for money so that he could buy more liquor. “When his wife Narnata refused, he tried to kill her but she ran away. Then he lifted his three-month-old son from bed and hit him hard against the ground,” Shersingh Rajput, in charge of Ambagarh police station, told IANS on phone.
Neighbours contacted the police, who said Sundarlal had confessed to the killing, having broken down at the police station once he was sober.
He told the police that he had killed the child he loved best. Now, he did not want to live any more either, he added.
- Alcoholic man commits suicide after killing wife, kids - Feb 26, 2010
- Father kills infant daughter with nicotine - Apr 10, 2012
- Teenager held in Chhattisgarh for killing woman - Jun 20, 2011
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Poverty-stricken woman set kids, herself ablaze - Aug 27, 2010
- Man kills son for refusing to beg - Aug 23, 2010
- Man hacks wife, five daughters to death - Feb 20, 2012
- Desperate for son, father batters infant daughter - Apr 09, 2012
- Maoists kill forest official in Chhattisgarh - Mar 22, 2011
- Father kills toddler during Holi - Mar 03, 2010
- Maoists' shutdown call hits life in Chhattisgarh - Jul 30, 2012
- Miscreants crush child to death in bid to rape mother - Nov 25, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for custody death (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Chhattisgarh tribal boy flees from Maoist captivity - Mar 31, 2012
- Man held for burying alive wife, three others - Jan 22, 2012