Druk Air flight makes emergency landing at KolkataFebruary 6th, 2009 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 6 (IANS) A Druk Air Bangkok-Gaya-Paro flight made an emergency landing at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here Friday due to a crack in its cockpit window, an airport official said.”The pilot of a Druk Air flight from Bangkok noticed a crack in the cockpit window after crossing Gaya (Bihar). He immediately contacted the ATC (air traffic control) and landed the plane under emergency conditions around 8.30 a.m.,” airport director V.K. Monga told IANS.
However, Monga could not tell the reason for the aircraft developing the crack.
“A team of four engineers is examining the plane. We will be able to know how the crack developed only after that,” he added.
But the airport director ruled out bird-hit being a cause of the crack as the plane was flying at a very high altitude.
“All 90 passengers in the flight are safe. They have been sent to Paro in Bhutan in another plane,” Monga said.
- Assam linked with Bhutan, Thailand by flights - Oct 26, 2010
- President's plane delayed for technical glitch - Nov 30, 2011
- Kolkata airport official dies after fall - Sep 17, 2011
- Plane with burning engine makes emergency landing in Kolkata - Jan 17, 2009
- Bhutan modernises...with soul intact (IANS Travel, With Images) - Mar 22, 2011
- Dutch flight to Colombo suffers bird hit in Goa - Oct 27, 2011
- Malaysian flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport - Feb 20, 2011
- Four Air India flights from Kolkata cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- New Zealand grounds ATRs after finding cracks - Mar 18, 2012
- Flight delayed after monk causes technical snag - Nov 23, 2009
- Fireman as ATC! Tirupati airport officials to face action - Feb 03, 2012
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Rs.50,000 reward each for boys who spotted plane's fire - Jul 26, 2011
- NSG gets land outside Kolkata for eastern hub - Sep 17, 2011
- Air Arabia flight makes emergency landing at Kochi - Oct 26, 2010