Drugs worth Rs.8 crore seized, two held in BengalFebruary 7th, 2012 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Murshidabad (West Bengal), Feb 7 (IANS) Two people were arrested and drugs worth Rs.8 crore were seized from West Bengal’s Murshidabad district Tuesday following questioning of two people earlier taken into custody from a heroin making unit, police said.
“After interrogating the two persons arrested Sunday, we got information about six kg of contraband hidden in a building in Lalgola. The drugs have been seized and its value in the international market may be close to Rs.8 crore,” Murshidabad Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir told IANS.
Six 9-mm pistols, bullets and other weapons were also recovered from a bus depot in Jalangi, added Kabir.
Police refused to reveal the identities of the two men arrested Tuesday.
A heroin manufacturing unit was busted and drugs worth Rs.5 crore were seized Sunday, when two men were nabbed from the spot, police said.
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Bangladeshi in fake currency racket nabbed in Bengal - Feb 17, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
- Illegal arms factory raided in Kolkata - Mar 31, 2012
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Four held, drugs worth Rs.1.39 crore seized - Oct 08, 2011
- Heroin processing unit unearthed, two arrested - Jul 02, 2011
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Two arrested with heroin in Maharashtra town - Jan 01, 2011
- Smuggler arrested with 14 kg heroin in Punjab - Jan 11, 2011
- Two held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Jul 13, 2010
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- Trooper, two men arrested with heroin - Dec 30, 2011