Drugs worth Rs.50 mn seized in Uttar PardeshJuly 14th, 2008 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 14 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh police have seized about five kg of morphine, a banned drug, worth Rs.50 million from an alleged peddler, an official said Monday. The drug trafficker, Shivjeet, was arrested near Bariya crossing in Barabanki district, about 50 km from here, superintendent of police Praveen Kumar told IANS.
Shivjeet is believed to be an active member of an inter-state drug racket, the police said.
He is being questioned for clues that could help bust the racket, the police added.
- Three drug peddlers held - May 19, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Two held with 22 kg of heroin in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 17, 2010
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Three drug peddlers held with Rs.1 crore smack - Jan 12, 2011
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- One held with drugs - Nov 08, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Four drug peddlers held with Rs.2 cr worth smack - Apr 22, 2010
- Five held with morphine worth Rs.48 million - Dec 29, 2009
- Seven arrested with drugs worth Rs.1 crore - Aug 20, 2010
- Three arrested with drugs worth Rs.1 crore - Feb 07, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
- Drug peddler held with Rs.1 crore brown sugar - Feb 03, 2011
- Man held with opium - Apr 18, 2011