Drug supplier awarded 15 years imprisonmentMay 6th, 2008 - 9:33 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) A city court Tuesday awarded 15 years rigorous imprisonment to a septuagenarian who was caught four years ago with four kg of heroin and fake currency worth Rs.400,000. Additional Sessions Judge R. Kiran Nath held Ramesh Kumar Behl, 75, guilty under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. The court sentenced Behl to 15 years RI and fine of Rs.200,000.
The court also sentenced him to five years rigorous imprisonment for possessing fake currency besides imposing on him a fine of Rs.100,000.
Both sentences are to run concurrently.
On May 7, 2004, Behl was going to deliver the drug consignment to a man near Rakab Ganj Gurudwara in the capital. The Special cell of Delhi Police caught him red-handed with the drug consignment and fake currency.
- Nigerian punished for drug peddling - Jun 29, 2011
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
- Three sent to jail for drug trafficking - Aug 10, 2010
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Cocaine case: Fardeen charged with lighter offence - Oct 04, 2011
- Jail, 100 times bribe fine for two policemen - Feb 24, 2012
- Three get 16-year jail for drug smuggling - Jul 30, 2011
- Haryana government doctor jailed for corruption - Nov 06, 2009
- Income Tax official gets 4 years jail for bribery - Feb 01, 2012
- Two revenue officials get two years jail for corruption - Feb 25, 2012
- Israeli drug dealer Dudu released on bail - Feb 03, 2011
- Himachal official convicted in graft case - Jun 28, 2011
- 'People's Tribunal' to deliberate on Kandhamal riot victims complaints - Aug 20, 2010
- Fodder scam: 35 sentenced to prison - Jan 29, 2011
- Ex-army officer gets 10 years jail for torturing son - Aug 04, 2012