Drug smuggler arrested in RajasthanDecember 18th, 2011 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Dec 18 (IANS) The Special Operations Group (SOG) of the Rajasthan Police Sunday arrested a man on charges of smuggling narcotics to various places in the country and abroad, an officer said.
The man, identified as Vikram Singh, 36, is a resident of Alwar district, some 200 km from Jaipur.
He is the key accused in one of the biggest haul of banned narcotics substance from a village in Alwar six months ago.
“The SOG had in July seized some 1,352 kg of banned narcotic substances which was to be smuggled to many locations, including Mumbai and to Greece,” a police officer told IANS.
“The forensic examination of the substance is still going on at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory in New Delhi,” said the officer.
He added that a case had been registered under sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act against Vikram, his brother and four others in the matter.
“During investigation, it came up that Vikram was part of an international drug racket,” said the officer.
Police claimed that Vikram and his gang had already smuggled a consignment to Greece before they were busted.
A look-out notice had also been circulated at all international airports against Vikram.
“We had searched him in over six states in the country, but he was arrested from Alwar Sunday morning. We are interrogating him for details on the other people involved in the racket,” officer said.
- Two arrested in Jaipur, 100 kg of banned drug seized - Aug 10, 2012
- Rajasthan hunting for six, 1,367 kg cocaine seized - Jul 04, 2011
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Morphine seized in Guwahati - May 31, 2012
- 500 kg cannabis seized, three held - Aug 08, 2010
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- Commando held with contraband in Delhi - Feb 25, 2011
- Nigerian, Mizo woman arrested with Rs.3 mn-worth drugs - Jan 28, 2011
- Inter-state drug gang busted, heroin worth Rs.2 crore seized - Nov 16, 2010
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Five held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Aug 24, 2010
- Israeli drug dealer Dudu released on bail - Feb 03, 2011
- 20 booked on drug charges in Goa over three months - Jul 20, 2012
- Mumbai rave party organiser remanded to police custody (Lead) - May 21, 2012
Tags: consignment, drug racket, drug smuggler, forensic examination, forensic science laboratory, greece, international airports, jaipur, mumbai, narcotic drugs, narcotic substances, narcotics, New Delhi, police officer, psychotropic substances, six months, sog, special operations group, sunday morning, vikram singh