Drug peddler held with Rs.1 crore-worth heroinDecember 31st, 2010 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 31 (IANS) A drug peddler was arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Barabanki district with heroin worth around Rs.1 crore, police said Friday.The accused, in his mid-20s, was arrested late Thursday from Lonikatra town.
“He was held while he was on his way to hand over a drug consignment to his clients,” police inspector Shripal Singh told reporters in Barabanki, some 35 km from here.
“Preliminary investigations indicate the he had been supplying drugs in Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and nearby towns,” he added.
According to police, the accused is giving contradictory statements about the place from where he brought the contraband.
- Inter-state drug gang busted, heroin worth Rs.2 crore seized - Nov 16, 2010
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Drug peddler held with Rs.20 lakh cannabis - Jan 06, 2011
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.50 lakh worth heroin - Jan 21, 2011
- Six drug peddlers arrested - Mar 29, 2011
- Drug peddler arrested with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Jul 14, 2010
- Drug peddler held with Rs.1 crore brown sugar - Feb 03, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Three drug peddlers nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 27, 2010
- Drug peddler held, heroin seized - Jan 05, 2011
- Three drug peddlers held with Rs.1 crore smack - Jan 12, 2011
- Two held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Apr 19, 2010
- Two arrested with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - May 27, 2010
- Three held with marijuana worth over Rs.3 crore - Sep 28, 2010
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.1 crore-worth heroin - Apr 19, 2011