Drug addicts behind bars for stealing idolsJanuary 14th, 2009 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Ludhiana, Jan 14 (IANS) Seeking help from gods during the time of distress is understandable but three youth in this industrial city of Punjab ventured out to do something more adventurous - stealing idols of gods to make money for their drug addiction.The crime branch of the Ludhiana police have arrested the three, police officials said here Wednesday.
They were caught when they were trying to sell silver idols stolen from a temple. Some idols were recovered from their possession.
All three are between 20 to 25 years and are drug addicts, a police official said. All of them were involved in petty crimes.
- Stolen antique idols seized, five held - May 21, 2011
- Gang busted, idols seized - Mar 03, 2012
- Man held with silver worth Rs.2.4 million - Apr 21, 2011
- Mutt chief, 6 others held over 'hidden treasure' - Mar 24, 2011
- Robbers loot Rs.42 lakh in Ludhiana - Jul 19, 2010
- Woman arrested for stealing 2398 jars of coffee - Nov 05, 2011
- Two women held for stealing from cop's house - Jun 14, 2010
- Police clueless on Jharkhand idol theft - Jul 03, 2010
- Metaphetamine worth Rs.90 crore seized in Punjab - Jan 01, 2010
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Man held for stealing silver 'eyes' from Pakistan shrine - Jul 02, 2011
- Probe ordered against Punjab jail official - May 07, 2012
- Jewellery stolen from Hindu temples recovered in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Two Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested (second lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Seven held for stealing idols in Tamil Nadu - Feb 01, 2010