Drug addict escapes Tihar JailMarch 15th, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 15 (IANS) A drug addict, who was lodged in Delhi’s Tihar Jail in a robbery case, escaped from the prison premises, authorities said Tuesday.
Sanju and Satish, both neighbours at Uttam Nagar, were drug addicts. Sanju was arrested in a robbery case while Satish for his involvement in a fight.
They, along with eight other prisoners, were taken in a vehicle to a drug de-addiction centre Tuesday morning.
“When they were returning, around 4:30 p.m., the two broke open the vehicle’s back door and fled. Satish was caught but Sanju managed to flee,” Surendar Gupta, public relation officer of Tihar Jail, told IANS.
The Tihar Jail is India’s largest jail and it consists of 10 sub-jails.
- Tihar inmates celebrate Holi - Mar 20, 2011
- Kanimozhi, five others released from Tihar (Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- Escaped criminal recaptured in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- How to detox - Delhi centres show the way - Aug 29, 2012
- Opportunities to Tihar inmates incomparable: Minister - Oct 18, 2011
- Punjab does a reality check as a 'drugged' state - Jul 01, 2010
- Tihar officials relieved, praise Anna - Aug 19, 2011
- Delhi police nab serial criminal - Feb 23, 2011
- Kanimozhi, five others released from Tihar - Nov 29, 2011
- Court pulls up Tihar Jail for letting in mobile phones - May 25, 2010
- Action against four Tihar officials for lapses (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- 142 Tihar inmates get jobs in placement drive (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Diwali gift packs, with love from Tihar Jail - Oct 21, 2011
- Kalmadi to be examined by AIIMS for dementia - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,