Drizzle in Delhi, more showers likelyJuly 30th, 2012 - 11:55 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) The capital woke up to light drizzle Monday morning with the minimum temperature settling a notch above the average for the season at 28 degrees Celsius. The Met department has forecast slight showers for the next 24 hours.
“The sky will remain generally cloudy. Few spells of thundershowers are expected later in the day,” said an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
“The maximum temperature would stay around 32 degrees Celsius,” the official said.
According to IMD, traces of rainfall was recorded in the capital till Monday morning.
“There were traces of rainfall, which was non measurable. We are expecting more rains as the day progresses,” the IMD official said.
Even as the light showers are expected during the day, the weather would remain muggy, the weatherman said.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at 81 percent.
The monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Sunday’s maximum temperature was two notches above the average at 31.8 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was a notch above the season’s average at 27.9 degrees Celsius.
- Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely - Jul 26, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Sultry Saturday in Delhi, rains likely Sunday (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- Muggy morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 23, 2011
- Muggy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 24, 2012
- Rains again elude Delhi Sunday, likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Light showers in parts of Delhi - Jun 25, 2011
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Humid Monday morning for Delhi - Aug 06, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, Sunday likely to be wet day (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 13, 2012
- Cloudy morning for Delhi, rain likely - Aug 05, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi - Jul 20, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: humidity, india meteorological department, light drizzle, light showers, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, monday morning, monsoon, New Delhi, notch, notches, rainfall, sky, spells, thundershowers, traces, weather, weatherman