Dreaded criminal killed in Uttar Pradesh: policeNovember 9th, 2008 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
!– Imagr –Lucknow, Nov 9 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh police shot dead a suspected dreaded criminal in a shoot-out in Bareilly district Sunday, officials said.The gunfight, the police said, took place in Izzatnagar on the outskirts of Bareilly in the morning. The slain criminal was identified as Mohammad Haseen alias Bunty, who carried a cash reward of Rs.20,000 on his head.
Bareilly is about 270 km from here.
“We laid a trap after a tip-off and challenged the criminal. However, he opened fire and was killed in a crossfire,” inspector Kiran Pal Singh of Izzatnagar police station told IANS by phone.
Haseen was wanted in over two dozen cases, mostly of kidnapping and murder, in Bareilly and neighboring district, the police officer added.
- Four bandits gunned down in Madhya Pradesh - Aug 22, 2010
- Gangster killed in Allahabad in shootout with police - Oct 07, 2008
- Gangster carrying Rs.1 lakh reward killed - Oct 28, 2011
- Hostage killed before cops gun down two gangsters - Jan 18, 2011
- Super chor 'Bunty' arrested in Bhopal, police confirm - Jan 16, 2012
- Police gun down criminal - Mar 04, 2010
- Wanted criminal shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 17, 2009
- Cops gun down wanted criminal in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 28, 2011
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 22, 2010
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir - Jul 10, 2012
- CID begins probe into Kishenji's death - Nov 26, 2011
- Dreaded Chambal dacoit killed in shootout - Mar 05, 2012
- Slain Hizbul commander behind 30 civilians' killings: Army - Oct 14, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in gunfight with Maoists - Jan 17, 2011
- Cops gun down gangster in Lucknow - Feb 10, 2011