‘Draw open curtains if caught in hostage situation’November 29th, 2008 - 1:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 29 (IANS) National Security Guard chief J.K. Dutt Saturday appealed to people who find themselves in a hostage situation to draw open the curtains of their hotel rooms to enable them to be quickly identified by rescuers. “Please draw out your curtains if you are caught in a situation like this. It makes the work of security agencies much easier,” he told reporters here.
“We get to know who the genuine guests are and our snipers can neutralise any terrorists that are there in other rooms,” he added.
His remarks assume significance in view of the experience of security staff in the wake of two luxury hotels here being temporarily seized by armed terrorists. Once that happened, the hotel staff advised all guests to lock themselves in their rooms. Thus, when the security staff attempted to escort the guests to safety, they refused to open their doors, fearing the caller might be a terrorist.
- Indian woman found murdered in Nepal hotel - Jun 06, 2011
- NYPD trains personnel to anticipate, counter Mumbai type terror attack - Dec 21, 2010
- New York cops simulate 26/11 Mumbai terror attack - Dec 21, 2010
- Renovated Oberoi hotel finally reopens after 26/11 - Apr 24, 2010
- UK Police training for 30-minute response to ward off Mumbai style attacks - Jun 22, 2009
- 21 killed in nightmare Kabul hotel attack - Jun 30, 2011
- Luxury Hotel for Dogs to Open in New York City - Aug 21, 2012
- Bridegroom sets hotel on fire on wedding night - Dec 03, 2011
- Oz woman sues UAE 5-star hotel after she was raped, jailed for sex outside marriage - Mar 30, 2011
- Security tightened at Hu's hotel after Tibetan's death - Mar 28, 2012
- Heritage wing of Taj Mahal hotel reopens on Sunday in Mumbai - Aug 12, 2010
- Security stepped up for Obama's UK visit, Queen's Ireland trip - May 04, 2011
- Commandos set to end terror drama in Mumbai, 143 dead (Evening Lead) - Nov 28, 2008
- Party at Mandarin Oriental Tokyo Hotel for $671,000 a Night! - Oct 15, 2010
- 26/11 hero glad his ayurveda treatment approved - Jul 22, 2011