Dravid breaks into top-10 of ICC rankingsNovember 18th, 2011 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Nov 18 (IANS) Indian batting great Rahul Dravid moved four places to eighth in the latest International Cricket Council (ICC) rankings for Test batsmen released Friday while teammate V.V.S. Laxman gained five places to the 13th spot following their centuries in the second Test against West Indies that ended in Kolkata Thursday.
Dravid scored 119 and Laxman hit 176 as the home team cruised to an innings victory over the West Indies at the historic Eden Gardens.
Another stalwart of world cricket, West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul (37), slipped in the other direction following his side’s defeat. The Guyanese left-hander lost four places to settle for 10th.
Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara retained the top spot.
Pragyan Ojha is the main mover in the bowlers’ rankings as the left-arm slow bowler gained six places to 26th position, the highest ranking of his career to date.
The 25-year-old took six wickets in the second Test, helping to give India an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.
South Africa’s Dale Steyn continues to be the top-ranked bowler.
1 Kumar Sangakkara SL
2 Jacques Kallis SA
3 Alastair Cook Eng
4 Ian Bell Eng
5 Sachin Tendulkar Ind
6 Graeme Smith SA
7 Hashim Amla SA
8 Rahul Dravid Ind
9 Jonathan Trott Eng
10 Shivnarine Chanderpaul WI
1 Dale Steyn SA
2 James Anderson Eng
3 Morne Morkel SA
4 Graeme Swann Eng
5 Stuart Broad Eng
6 Zaheer Khan Ind
7 Shakib Al Hasan Ban
8 Daniel Vettori NZ
9 Mitchell Johnson Aus
10 Shane Watson Aus
- Ojha breaks into top-15 of ICC Test rankings, India remain second - Nov 27, 2011
- Dravid rises in rankings, England on course for top spot - Aug 02, 2011
- Bridgetown stars Laxman, Sharma break into top-10 of ICC rankings - Jul 03, 2011
- Dravid moves to 10th place in Test rankings, Sachin drops to 5th - Aug 23, 2011
- Sangakkara replaces Tendulkar as number one Test batsman - Nov 29, 2010
- Tendulkar rises to fourth in Test rankings, Siddle in top 10 - Dec 30, 2011
- Kohli gets two nominations for ICC Awards - Aug 13, 2012
- No Indian in ICC Test team - Aug 30, 2012
- Dravid rises in ICC rankings, Tendulkar drops to 4th - Jul 26, 2011
- Chanderpaul back as No.1 Test batsman - Apr 29, 2012
- Tendulkar wins ICC Player of the Year award - Oct 06, 2010
- Cook climbs to career-best third spot in Test rankings - Aug 14, 2011
- Broad breaks into top three of ICC Test rankings - May 22, 2012
- ICC Test team: Sachin lone Indian in playing eleven - Aug 26, 2011
- England consolidate their lead in Test rankings - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: al hasan, alastair cook, dale steyn, daniel vettori, eden gardens, hashim amla, international cricket council, jacques kallis, kumar sangakkara, left hander, mitchell johnson, morne morkel, ojha, sachin tendulkar, shakib, shane watson, shivnarine chanderpaul, v v s laxman, world cricket, zaheer khan