DPS teacher approaches rights bodies for justiceMay 1st, 2008 - 1:27 am ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, April 30 (IANS) A school teacher who was allegedly beaten up by police over a row with the principal of her school Wednesday approached the National Commission for Women and the National Human Rights Commission for justice. In her complaint to the commissions, Reetu Tripathi, a teacher with the Delhi Public School (DPS) in Indirapuram here, said she had come to the central agencies for help because she did not expect justice from the Uttar Pradesh police.
The DPS in Indirapuram was involved in an unsavoury row between Tripathi and principal Meeta Rai Tuesday, with both filing police complaints against each other.
Tripathi alleged that Rai had called her to her chamber and told her that she was terminating the services of her husband, a yoga teacher, on the complaint of a parent. When she told Rai that her husband’s services could not be terminated without an inquiry, the principal told her not to interfere, according to Tripathi.
The teacher alleged that Rai slapped her and called the police.
She alleged that a police sub-inspector entered the principal’s chamber and started beating her and her sister Jaya, who was also present in the room.
“The police sub-inspector dragged us by our hair and dumped us on the rear seat of a police vehicle,” Tripathi had told IANS.
Police registered her complaint at the Indirapuram police station against Meeta Rai and sub-inspector Ifthakhar Hussain. They also registered a complaint of the principal against Tripathi and Jaya.
Ghaziabad mayor Damyanti Goyal said injustice had been done to Tripathi and her husband, adding that the police seemed to be acting under the school’s influence.
- School principal, teacher in unseemly row - Apr 29, 2008
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- Two arrested in housing fraud case - Jun 20, 2011
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012
- Maoists abduct school teacher in Bengal - Nov 20, 2010
- Lucknow court summons Jaya Bachchan - Jan 24, 2011
- BSP legislator among 5 booked in Etawah rape, suicide case - Jan 28, 2011
- Woman accuses Bengal cop of misbehaving with her - May 17, 2012
- Swine flu in NCR: Now, DPS Ghaziabad shuts senior wing - Sep 24, 2009
- Cop suspended for stealing mobile phone (With Images) - Aug 19, 2012
- School principal arrested for bribery - Feb 16, 2012
- Bengal student kills herself after being punished - Jul 27, 2012
- Policeman booked for rape in UP - Jul 23, 2012
- Minor allegedly raped by her tutor - Sep 10, 2012
- Two cop kids commit suicide in Ghaziabad - Oct 06, 2010