DPS school bus mows down student in DelhiSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) A Delhi Public School (DPS) bus jumped a traffic signal and mowed down a Class 12 student of another school in east Delhi Tuesday.Mohammed Kashiv, 18, was killed when the bus belonging to the DPS Indirapuram jumped the traffic signal near the C block bus station of Yamuna Vihar.
Kashiv, a student of the Ludlow Castle School at the Kashmiri Gate, was crossing the road.
The police said Kashiv suffered injuries on head and other parts of the bodies and was taken to a nearby hospital, from where he was shifted to the Trauma Centre of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He later succumbed to his injuries.
The police have impounded the bus and arrested its driver Sunil.
Last week, a girl student allegedly jumped to death in DPS R.K. Puram while a male student was found drowned in swimming pool of his DPS Mathura Road branch.
- Three killed in capital's mini bus tragedy (Second Lead) - Feb 03, 2010
- Delhi School Basketball League returns for second season - Jul 25, 2011
- Caution! Walking with headphones could kill - Jan 30, 2012
- Three youths returning from party killed in Delhi accident (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Three killed, 22 injured as bus overturns in north Delhi - Feb 03, 2010
- 20 school children injured in Delhi bus accident - Sep 29, 2009
- Nine children injured as Delhi school bus overturns (Lead) - Sep 29, 2009
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- UN road safety plan launched in India - May 11, 2011
- Japan to organise education fair in Delhi, Bangalore - Aug 10, 2012
- UP cop hit by speeding bus, critical - Jun 25, 2012
- Minor motorcyclist killed in accident - Nov 15, 2011
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- UN road safety campaign launched in India (Lead) - May 11, 2011