Dozens injured as plane skids off runway in ColoradoDecember 21st, 2008 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Dec 21 (DPA) Dozens of passengers were injured when a plane with more than 100 people on board skidded off the runway and caught fire in Denver, Colorado Saturday evening, officials said.The accident occurred at around 6:18 p.m. when the Boeing 737 aircraft was preparing for take off, an airport spokeswoman said in a broadcast news conference.
At least 38 people have been taken to hospital, she said, adding that none of the injured were critical.
The plane operated by Continental Airlines was carrying 107 passengers and five crew members and was heading for Houston.
The cause of the accident remained unclear, and weather conditions were clear at the time.
The airport remained open.
- Gulf Air passenger plane skids off runway in southwest India - Aug 29, 2011
- Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jun 09, 2011
- Merpati Airlines passenger plane crashes in eastern Indonesia, killing 27 - May 07, 2011
- Indonesian plane falls into river - Apr 13, 2010
- Bodies of missing South Korean pilots found months after crash - Oct 30, 2011
- Plane crashes at Jamaica airport in rain - Dec 24, 2009
- Turkish Airways plane goes off runway in Mumbai during heavy rainfall - Sep 03, 2011
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Crews recover black box from Indonesian plane crash site - May 09, 2011
- Passenger plane crashes near Pakistani capital of Islamabad, many killed (Updated) - Apr 20, 2012
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
- Plane removed, operations resume at Mumbai airport runway - Sep 05, 2011
- Air India flight skids off runway in Kanpur - Jul 20, 2011
- Air Berlin jet slides off runway, no one injured - Jan 03, 2010