Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurtMay 10th, 2012 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 10 (IANS) At least a dozen pilgrims from Tamil Nadu were seriously injured near Varanasi Thursday when the bus they were travelling turtled on the highway, police said.
The packed bus from Chennai was on its way to Allahabad from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh when the accident took place.
Police said the incident happened when the rear tyre of the bus burst and the driver lost control of the bus at Aurai. The vehicle hit a divider thereafter and was badly damaged.
At least 21 passengers have been admitted to a medical facility where the condition of seven was stated to be critical.
- Three Lucknow students die in accident - Sep 05, 2012
- Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accident - Nov 06, 2011
- Nine killed in bus-truck collision in Assam - Jun 13, 2010
- Four pilgrims die in road accident - Jul 08, 2010
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 22 killed in bus accident in Tamil Nadu - Jun 08, 2011
- 19 killed in Iran traffic accident - Sep 02, 2012
- Eight students injured in accident - Feb 19, 2011
- Passenger buses collide in Taiwan tunnel, killing 2 - May 08, 2012
- 40 hurt as bus falls off Chennai flyover - Jun 27, 2012
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- 22 charred to death in Tamil Nadu bus accident (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- 18 killed in Maharashtra bus accident - May 28, 2012
- Thirteen die after bus overturns in eastern Zimbabwe - Aug 03, 2011
- 15 killed in Afghanistan road accident - Nov 12, 2011