Dowry demand leads woman to suicideApril 19th, 2012 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) Anguished by repeated torture by her in-law’s family for dowry, a 30-year-old woman committed suicide by jumping off the seventh floor of a mall in the capital, police said Wednesday.
Garima, resident of west Delhi’s Paschim Vihar area, jumped off the Ring Road Mall situated in west Delhi’s Rohini Sector-3 around 8.30 p.m. Tuesday.
She was rushed to Baba Bhim Rao Ambedkar hospital where doctors declared her brought dead.
“Garima was identified from her PAN card. No suicide note was recovered from her possession, but her family members alleged that she was being tortured by her in-law’s family for dowry that led her to take such a step,” said a police official.
According to the official, probe is on into the case to ascertain the role of her in-law’s family behind her suicide.
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Class 10 girl commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 15, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son - Apr 16, 2011
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Jail van rams into bus stop, one dead - Jul 30, 2011
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012