Dowry death: Four booked in PunjabJuly 1st, 2011 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 1 (IANS) Four people, including a woman, were Friday booked in a case of dowry death in Punjab’s Zirakpur town, police said.
Gagandeep Kaur, 26, who was recently married to Kulwant Singh, was found dead at her in-law’s house at Himmatgarh Dhakola village near Zirakpur, 10 km from state capital Chandigarh, late Thursday.
“We had sent the body for post-mortem. The report said Gagandeep died of strangulation,” police officer Yogi Raj told IANS.
“We have booked four people on the basis of a written complaint submitted by Sukhdev Singh, father of the deceased,” he added.
The accused who have been booked for dowry death are the victim’s husband, mother-in-law, sister-in-law’s husband and another relative.
“Sukhdev said Kulwant and his family members were harassing his daughter to bring more dowry. She was not even allowed to go to her parents’ home. Our investigation is on and very soon we will arrest the accused,” the police officer said.
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Man held for dowry killing in Chandigarh - Jun 14, 2010
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Punjab man gets 10-year jail for wife's dowry death - Oct 28, 2010
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- 75-year-old woman's death was natural: Chandigarh Police - Jan 07, 2011
- Borther cries foul, woman unable to bear boy child dies - Oct 20, 2011
- Pregnant woman found dead, parents allege murder - Apr 09, 2011
- Fake interpreter turns up at Indian woman's murder trial - Jul 21, 2012