Dortmund keep top position in Bundesliga after win against HannoverFebruary 27th, 2012 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Feb 27 (IANS) Defending Bundesliga football champion Borussia Dortmund sealed its seventh win in a row beating Hannover 3-1 win at Signal-Iduna Park, while struggling Bayern Munich staged a faultless performance to get past Schalke 2-0.
Dortmund extended their unbeaten streak to 17 matches after beating Hannover 3-1 in front of the home crowd Sunday.
Dortmund striker Rober Lewandowski scored a brace with goals at the 27th and 54th minute. It looked like an easy win for Dortmund but Hannover came back with an hammering goal by striker Didier Ya Konan, who hammered home from 25 meters unstoppable into top right to make it 1-2. Hannover sniffed a chance but clinical Dortmund sealed the deal just before the final whistle as midfielder Ivan Perisic scored the winner.
“In the first half we did not have one single scoring chance. In the second half we tried everything. Unfortunately, we have not made the equaliser,” Hannover coach Mirko Slomka was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Dortmund resides atop the standing with 52 points and a four-point gap to chaser Bayern while Hannover remains on seventh position with 34 points.
In another match, Bayern dominated against the struggling Schalke. As the match progressed, Schalke was unable to put up some resistance against Bayern’s offensive actions thus Frenchmen Franck Ribery opened the scoring when he utilised a pass into path to over lob Schalke goalkeeper Timo Hildebrant in the 36th minute.
Bayern doubled the lead in the 55th minute as Ribery slotted home from goal area against three defenders.
The Bavarians climb from third to second position with 48 points whereas Schalke stays on fourth with 44 points.
“We staged a very dedicated performance and worked out a lot of chances. Unfortunately, we lacked in cleverness in front of the goal,” Bayern coach Jupp Heynkes said.
- Bayern Munich extend lead in Bundesliga with win over Augsburg - Nov 07, 2011
- German record champion Bayern sets Dortmund under pressure - Mar 25, 2012
- Schalke humbles Hannover 3-0 in Bundesliga - Apr 09, 2012
- Bayern on top with unconvincing victory over Wolfsburg - Jan 29, 2012
- Bayern Munich stay on top of Bundesliga standings - Dec 12, 2011
- Dortmund humble Bayern to win German Cup - May 13, 2012
- German Bundesliga kicks off August 27 - Jun 27, 2012
- Bundesliga leaders Dortmund five clear of Bayern with win over Cologne - Mar 26, 2012
- Hannover defeat Monchengladbach 2-1 in Bundesliga - Apr 03, 2012
- Dortmund clinch successive Bundesliga title - Apr 22, 2012
- Bayern stage faultless performance to stay on top - Sep 25, 2011
- Bayern Munich, Hannover triumph in Bundesliga - Sep 03, 2012
- Dortmund close in on title after beating Bayern - Apr 12, 2012
- Dortmund drop points as Bayern edge closer - Mar 11, 2012
- Dortmund share point with Nuremberg - Sep 02, 2012