Doordarshan engineer faces corruption probeJune 12th, 2009 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) A Doordarshan engineer is facing a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into his assets that are worth millions of rupees and are well beyond his known sources of income, the agency said Friday.
CBI spokesman Harsh Bhal said searches have been conducted at various places in Delhi, Noida and Mumbai belonging to A.K. Maheshwari, superintendent engineer of the Central Purchase and Stores at Doordarshan.
“Documents and financial instruments pertaining to immovable and movable properties have been recovered which include three shops in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi, and two shops worth Rs.12 million, one vacant plot and one house in Noida, one flat in Dwarka, one flat in Mayur Vihar and one flat in Mumbai,” he said.
“Bonds and shares worth Rs.9,00,000, two cars, 800 grams of gold, 10 kg of silver, Rs.50,000 (in cash) and 18 bank and post office accounts in the name of accused and his family members were also found from him,” he said.
- Adarsh scam: CBI raids top bureaucrat's homes, offices (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- CBI books former railway official for corruption - Mar 03, 2011
- Gold, silver brick seized from arrested tax official - Jul 16, 2011
- Engineer becomes thief to recover business losses - May 11, 2012
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Gas exploration irregularities: CBI case against eight (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- CBI files case against former oil regulator (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI files case against four MTNL officials - Jun 08, 2011
- Flat of ex-poll official's son burgled - Jan 15, 2012
- Metro woes: Slow trains, crowded stations in Delhi - Feb 01, 2011
- Engineer held for drug trafficking in Delhi - Jun 21, 2012
- CBI busts BRO scam, books top officials (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- CBI files case against eight in gas exploration irregularities (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- BSP's Satish Misra is worth Rs. 25 crore - Jun 04, 2010
- MCD officials in CBI net for corruption - Jun 12, 2009