Don’t want any favours from Vettel and Red Bull, says WebberOctober 29th, 2011 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Oct 29 (IANS) Australian Mark Webber said he doesn’t want any favour from world champion teammate Sebastian Vettel or his team Red Bull for winning a race or finishing second in the drivers’ standings.
Vettel has assured himself of the World Championship title while Webber is fourth in the standings and without a win.
In the run-up to the Indian Grand Prix, Vettel had said he would want to see Webber finish second in the season. The talk of Red Bull using team orders to let Webber win a race was also going on.
Asked whether he would be satisfied with a win courtesy team order or Vettel’s help, Webber said: “There has been a lot of talk from the team but no talk from me. I don’t want any positions off Sebastian for the remainder of the year. Nothing will change.”
Team principal Christian Horner Friday said that his team will do everything to help Webber.
“I think that from a team perspective we will do everything we can to help Mark,” said Horner here.
“It is a conversation we would need to have with the drivers, but I am sure Mark would want to achieve it under his own merit. I am not sure he would like to be given something, but I am quite sure if asked the question, Sebastian would be willing to do that.”
Webber has 209 points from 16 races and is fighting for the second spot with McLaren’s Jenson Button (222) and Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso (212).
- Aussie F1 driver Webber undecided on Red Bull future - May 03, 2011
- Road trip to Agra impresses F1 champ Vettel - Oct 27, 2011
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Australian Grand Prix - Mar 27, 2011
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Button backs Vettel to succeed him as F1's new king - Oct 12, 2010
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Vettel takes pole for Indian GP, Karthikeyan penalised - Oct 29, 2011
- Vettel wins Singapore GP, Force India record season's best result - Sep 25, 2011
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Vettel crowned World Champion at FIA Gala, Buddh Circuit awarded - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: christian horner, favour, favours, fernando alonso, ferrari, grand prix, greater noida, jenson button, mark webber, mclaren, red bull, remainder, sebastian vettel, team perspective, team principal, teammate, world champion