Don’t pass burden on fellow judges: Apex courtAugust 17th, 2011 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) The Supreme Court has expressed its “strong disapproval” of the approach of certain judges who pass the burden to their fellow judges or to subordinate courts when confronted with complicated issues.
The court said that such an approach weakens our judicial system.
“Of late, we have come across several orders which would indicate that some of the judges are averse to decide the disputes when they are complex and complicated, and would find ways and means to pass on the burden to their brethren or remand the matter to lower courts not for good reasons,” said an apex court bench of Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice K.S. Radhakrishnan Tuesday.
- Don't burden fellow judges: Apex court (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Impeachment debate: Lawyers say judges' criticism fair - Aug 21, 2011
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case - Apr 24, 2012
- 2G: Apex court examines review petitions - Apr 03, 2012
- Apex court judge recuses from Karnataka cop's case - May 31, 2012
- Supreme Court refuses to lift ban on tobacco sachets - Apr 14, 2011
- Plea against legislator's 'kangaroo court' dismissed - Aug 01, 2011
- Apex court to hear Unitech MD interim bail plea Friday - Sep 29, 2011
- Don't disparage lower courts, apex court tells judiciary - May 27, 2010
- Government given 3 more months to auction 2G licenses - Apr 24, 2012
- Apex court cautions on fee waiver for poor litigants - Jul 20, 2011
- Supreme Court refuses to lift ban on tobacco sachets (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Apex court grants bail to Siddharth Behura - May 09, 2012
- 2G: Supreme Court issues notice on review petition - Apr 13, 2012
- Apex court rejects Morani's interim bail plea (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,