Don’t need certificate from politicians: RamdevSeptember 20th, 2011 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 20 (IANS) Calling upon people to stand united against corruption, yoga guru Baba Ramdev Tuesday said ” I don’t need any certificate” from any political outfit to prove his credentials.
“I just don’t need any type of character certificate from anyone…The question of getting a character certificate from those having a dubious character themselves just doesn’t arise,” Ramdev told reporters while launching his anti-graft Swabhiman Yatra in Jhansi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
“I don’t have any rivalry or enmity with any politician or a particular political party…I just want that everyone of us must work sincerely to weed out corruption from the country,” he added.
Asked to comment on speculations about his aide Acharya Balkrishna’s nationality, Ramdev said: “He is an Indian. I even posses a letter of the Nepal government that states that Balkrishna was not born in their country, and has nothing to do with Nepal.”
“Some people who want to tarnish his image are creating controversies,” he added.
The anti-graft yatra, which according to Ramdev has been launched to “awaken masses about corruption and black money”, will traverse through various states of the country.
- Don't elect those involved in Rajbala's death: Ramdev - Oct 01, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Intro Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- Break your silence over corruption: Kalraj to Sonia, Rahul - Nov 14, 2011
- Civil society members condemn police action against Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Police mum on Hazare request for fast - Aug 01, 2011
- Ramdev trains guns on Chidambaram - Sep 27, 2011
- Corruption needs to be uprooted: Baba Ramdev - Nov 23, 2010
- Baba Ramdev to launch satyagraha against graft - Apr 21, 2011
- Baba Ramdev to enter politics? - Dec 17, 2010
- Ramdev determined to fast; PM, Sonia mull ways to dissuade him (Roundup) - Jun 02, 2011
- Ramdev supporters to continue protests against graft - Jun 12, 2011
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- CBI begins probe against Ramdev's aide (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- 'BJP giving moral support to Ramdev campaign' (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Nepal followers celebrate Acharya Balkrishna's birthday with pomp - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: anti graft, black money, character certificate, controversies, corruption, credentials, enmity, nationality, nepal government, political outfit, politician, politicians, rivalry, speculations, yatra, yoga guru