Dont mix fashion with politics: Marc JacobsJuly 21st, 2012 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 21 (IANS) Fashion designer Marc Jacobs, who recently lent support to gay rights and US President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, says it could be a bad idea to mix fashion and politics.
“I guess with politics and fashion, you’ve always got to be a bit careful because somebody’s going to get offended or somebody’s going to feel it is not right,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 49-year-old as saying.
“I don’t want to sound stupid or ignorant or anything, but I spend my time in the studio choosing fabric and colours and trying to figure out what we’re going to make. If you want to avoid controversy, you just don’t do political things like that,” he added.
Marc Jacobs is currently the creative director for luxury brand Louis Vuitton.
- Louis Vuitton to collaborate with Yayoi Kusama - May 24, 2012
- Marc Jacobs to make film debut - Nov 03, 2011
- Jacobs happy at Vuitton - Oct 08, 2011
- Sofia hates 'style icon' tag - Dec 17, 2010
- I couldn't do what young designers do: Marc Jacobs - Jun 02, 2011
- Marc Jacobs heading for Dior? - Aug 14, 2011
- Bieber buys mansion worth $10.8 mn - Mar 07, 2012
- Streep loves life at 63 - Aug 09, 2012
- I never see myself as style icon: Dannii Minogue - Nov 28, 2011
- Love: Julia Roberts' beauty secret - Mar 23, 2012
- People think I am gay: Clarkson - Oct 27, 2011
- Nicole Richie, a mood dresser - Jul 08, 2012
- I thought people knew i was gay: Elton John - Jul 19, 2012
- Rihanna wants to date again - Mar 03, 2012
- Alec Baldwin not interested in politics - Dec 23, 2011