Don’t expect us to change, North Korea tells worldDecember 30th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Dec 30 (IANS/RIA Novosti) North Korea has said the international community should not “expect any change” in its policies after the death of leader Kim Jong-il.
“We declare solemnly and confidently that the foolish politicians around the world, including the puppet group in South Korea, should not expect any change from us,” state media said in a statement attributed to the National Defense Commission.
It also said that the country would never deal with South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, who has linked aid to denuclearization.
Six-party talks on North Korea’s nuclear program - involving the two Koreas, China, the US, Russia and Japan - are currently stalled.
The isolated east Asian state has seen two days of mourning for Kim Jong-il, who had ruled North Korea since 1994. He died Dec 17 of a heart attack, state media said.
His son, Kim Jong-un, has since been named “supreme leader of the party, state and army”.
Little is known about Kim Jong-un, except that he is in his late twenties and has had some schooling in Switzerland.
- Seoul hopes tensions between Koreas will ease - Jan 02, 2012
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- North Korea marks army's 80th anniversary - Apr 25, 2012
- South Koreans send anti-regime leaflets to North in balloons - Dec 22, 2011
- Documentary hails North Korea's new leader - Jan 09, 2012
- Kim Jong-il to be embalmed - Jan 12, 2012
- North Korean succession is stable: South Korea, US - Dec 30, 2011
- North Korea threatens to re-examine n-issue - Jul 21, 2012
- North Korea threatens to 'blow up' Seoul - Apr 20, 2012
- North Korean leader's son made general - Sep 28, 2010
- South Korea lifts temporary travel ban to North - Jan 04, 2012
- Kim's death rocks South Korea's financial market - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,