Domestic helps held for series of thefts in DelhiJuly 11th, 2008 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) The police have arrested a couple for allegedly committing a series of thefts in houses here after drugging their employers. The couple identified as Sardool Singh (30) and Sushma (39) were arrested near a DTC bus stand at Sarai Kale Khan inter-state bus terminus on the Ring Road, the police said Friday.
According to the police, the couple would scan the newspapers for advertisements for house helps.
After getting the job, they would observe the activities of their employers.
They would then mix tablets in tea or food. After the drug took effect, the duo would flee with valuables and cash in the house.
“They usually shifted their house after every incident to evade arrest,” the police said.
- Three robbers held, goods worth Rs.50 lakh seized - Mar 07, 2011
- Government employee held for raping domestic help - Dec 16, 2009
- Police issues advisory for I-Day in Delhi - Aug 13, 2010
- Four held with heroin worth Rs.1.5 crore - Jan 19, 2011
- Three of drug-and-rob gang held in Delhi - Jul 31, 2012
- CNG supply to be affected in parts of Delhi Sunday: IGL - Apr 27, 2012
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Man involved in 30 criminal cases held - Jul 31, 2010
- Man held for kidnapping three kids - Mar 06, 2012
- V-Day venom: Youngsters flirt with cobra drug (With Images) - Feb 15, 2012
- Highway robbers arrested - Jul 24, 2010
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Bus mows down guard - Dec 29, 2011
- Uneasy calm after Delhi violence, 22 detained (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012