Domestic help given death sentence for killing child (Lead)October 21st, 2008 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) A city court Tuesday awarded death sentence to a domestic help for slitting the throat of his employer’s four-year-old son, who tried to resist rape of his teenaged sister in 2006.Additional Sessions Judge Babu Lal awarded death penalty to Sanjay Das, a native of Bihar, after holding him guilty under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
“I award you death sentence for murdering a four-year-old child in a gruesome and heinous manner,” the court said.
“I am of the view that the present case is rarest of rare. The convict had acted in a well-calculated manner. He committed murder of a four-year-old boy in a gruesome manner by slitting his throat. He entered into a mindless killing spree and attacked the 17-year-old and nine-year-old girls,” Judge said.
The court had convicted him under section 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (rape) and 392 (robbery) of the IPC.
The court also held Das, who is in his early 20s, guilty of raping his employer’s 17-year-old daughter and imposed a fine of Rs.3,500 on him.
The court said: “When life was withering away from the body of four-year-old and blood was splattered on whole of floor of bedroom, in that scene even he did not desist from committing rape on the 17-year-old girl.”
The court rejected Das’s plea for leniency on the ground that he was just 19 years old at the time of offence and that his employer forced him to have homosexual relations with him.
The case dates back to Oct 19, 2006, when Das stabbed the boy to death for resisting his attempt to rape his sister.
Das had been employed by Ramesh Aggarwal, a resident of Roop Nagar in north Delhi, just three days before the incident. After raping the girl and killing the boy, he fled the house.
He was arrested from Haridwar, a day after the incident.
- Domestic help given death sentence for killing child - Oct 21, 2008
- Teen held for killing four-year-old - Nov 02, 2011
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Pratibha murder: Bangalore cabbie sentenced for life (Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- Bangalore driver found guilty of techie's murder (Second Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Bangalore cabbie gets life term for Pratibha's rape-murder (Evening Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- Death sentence for man who raped, killed 4-year-old - Dec 30, 2010
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Kidnapper attempts suicide in court - Oct 13, 2010
- V-Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Three to die for killing four-year-old - May 25, 2012
- Bangalore court to pronounce verdict in BPO employee rape case - Sep 17, 2010
- Deranged Swedish man eats murdered girlfriend - Mar 10, 2011