Domestic help gets life term for killing woman, sonJuly 28th, 2008 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 28 (IANS) A city court Monday awarded life imprisonment to a man who had brutally murdered a woman and her son in 2004 and looted their house of jewellery and other valuables. Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Sharma sentenced Neeraj to a life term for killing Bindu Tiwari and her five-year-old son Om in their East Delhi residence on April 22, 2004. Neeraj used to work as a domestic help in their house earlier.
While Bindu was killed with a sharp-edged weapon, her son was strangulated with the wire of a mobile-charger and his body was dumped in a cupboard.
Some jewellery and other valuables were missing from the house after the double murder.
During the investigation, some neighbours told Delhi Police that they had seen Neeraj near the house before the killings.
On interrogation, Neeraj confessed to thehis crime and said he had committed the murders for money.
- Octogenarian murdered in Delhi, house looted - May 04, 2011
- Students arrested for killing old couple - Nov 08, 2011
- Three held for murdering old man, looting his house - May 07, 2011
- Mother, son found murdered at their Delhi home - Jul 09, 2010
- Haryana woman held for child's murder - Dec 09, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Three held for robbery in capital - Feb 09, 2011
- Family of three killed in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 23, 2010
- Woman kills mother-in-law, held - Aug 25, 2011
- Mystery surrounds murder of Uttar Pradesh BJP leader's wife - Jul 31, 2010
- 20 of family kept hostage as robbers ransack home - Jul 16, 2010
- Two women, teen murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 09, 2010
- Market complex owner, guard murdered - Aug 01, 2011
- Woman found dead in house, husband missing - Dec 22, 2011