Domestic help gets death penalty for murdering employersSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 23 (IANS) A city court Tuesday sentenced a domestic help to death for murdering his employer and his wife here in 2005.”Domestic help Kebol Roy has been found guilty of murdering his elderly employer Tarachand Banka and his wife Sarada April 18, 2005 in their apartment in Camac Street in south Kolkata,” the City Sessions Court said.
Roy, 23, smashed 68-year-old Tarachand’s head with a frying pan and slashed 56-year-old Sarada’s throat with a kitchen knife before fleeing with jewellery and cash worth Rs.2 million.
Before fleeing Roy washed all the blood strains from the apartment and even wiped his fingerprints from everything he touched, except the ones on the knob of the locker from where he took out the booty. That evidence helped the police to track him down in a month’s time from Ghorparan village of Bihar.
This is the second incident in less than a month of a domestic help being given death penalty for murdering his employers.
Nikku Yadav, 24, was sentenced to death Aug 29 by a city court for murdering his employer Ravinder Kaur Luthra, 51, in her Ballygunj apartment in south Kolkata.
- Six cops get life term for custodial deaths in Maharashtra - Jul 06, 2012
- Nithari killings: Koli held guilty in third murder case - Sep 27, 2010
- Death warrant sends Koli in search of mercy - May 09, 2011
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Domestic help sentenced to death for double murder - Jul 08, 2010
- Koli gets death for third Nithari murder - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets death for minor girl's murder (Lead) - May 12, 2010
- Halt execution, says Human Rights Watch - Mar 28, 2012
- Nithari killings: Apex court confirms death for Koli (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Tutor kills girl, brother - Jan 25, 2012
- Kuwaiti woman sentenced to death for wedding fire that killed 57 - Jun 13, 2011
- Apex court gives bail to Kolkata businessman - Sep 20, 2010
- Delhi court convicts domestic help for double murder - Jul 01, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli to be sentenced today - May 12, 2010
- Trinamool leader killed by Maoists - Sep 20, 2011