Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: CraigAugust 8th, 2011 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 8 (IANS) Actor Daniel Craig, who has featured as British spy James Bond in “Casino Royale” and “Quantum of Solace”, does not think it would be a good idea for him to appear in a romantic comedy.
“I’m not about to do a rom-com. It would be a disaster. Good movies aren’t just funny. Good movies aren’t just sad. Good movies aren’t just serious. They’re all of those … things,” contactmusic.com quoted the 43-year-old as saying.
“In good movies, you should be involved in the characters. Not getting deep about it but I think that’s more interesting,” he added.
However, Craig admits he would like to see a little more humour in the forthcoming James Bond film “23″, directed by Sam Mendes.
“The humour has to come from truth, at how ridiculous the situations are. If it’s just gags for the sake of gags, I’m not interested in that. I want to get the wryness back into it. It’s a balance, because you’ve got to believe that he’s going to be alive at the end of the movie. That’s a James Bond movie,” he said.
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- Sam Mendes is perfect director: Craig - Sep 29, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- Mendes wasn't sure about Craig as Bond - Apr 20, 2012
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Heineken extends partnership with James Bond films - Feb 09, 2012
- Craig wasn't interested in 'James Bond' role - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- Fame shook Daniel Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Gemma Arterton wants to have Rachel Weisz-type career - Mar 02, 2010