Dog, allergic to grass, wears bootsJuly 2nd, 2011 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 2 (IANS) A dog in Britain suffers from a rare allergy to grass and has to wear special boots to walk in the park.
Eight-year-old Jaxs - a Jack Russell terrier - suffers painful reactions if he comes into contact with even a single blade of grass, the Daily Express reported.
The allergy causes his fur to fall off and leaves sores on his paws.
A vet told his owner Maria Domanic to make him “doggy boots” using canvas.
Maria, a 59-year-old retired care worker from Devon, said: “He loves the boots. Initially he was a little tentative but over time he’s become very protective of them.”
The dog is also allergic to milk, protein and oats.
Maria, however, said she gets “odd looks” and jibes from other dog walkers.
“I’ve had a few people make some odd comments branding me ‘cruel’ and ‘disgusting’ for dressing him up in clothes. I have to explain it’s for his own good and not some fashion statement I’m trying to make,” she said.
- Man kills puppy with hammer - May 04, 2012
- Vaccine to treat cat allergy developed - Apr 01, 2011
- Hay fever worse in spring than summer - Jan 01, 2012
- Missing dog returns after five years - Nov 30, 2011
- Robbie Williams shares bed with dogs - Jul 16, 2011
- '300 mn suffering from asthma globally' - Apr 16, 2012
- Couple To Sue Dog Sitting Agency For $1Million Over Pet's Death - Jul 15, 2010
- No need to ban peanuts in schools, airlines: Study - Nov 15, 2010
- World's first dog with 4 bionic legs - Jun 23, 2011
- NY Dog Agency Sued For $1Million By Couple Whose Pet Died In Their Care - Jul 15, 2010
- First-born more likely to suffer from allergies - Mar 21, 2011
- British dogs to get anti-depressants - Jun 25, 2012
- PETA is unhappy with Mario as he wears a Tanooki suit - Nov 16, 2011
- Myths related to spring allergies busted - Feb 27, 2011
- Lost pet travels 15 miles across moorland and motorway to reach home! - Jun 01, 2010