Doesn’t Ekta Kapoor appreciate her popular onscreen couple?August 26th, 2008 - 9:05 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 26 (IANS) Audiences have loved the onscreen chemistry between TV actors Harshad Chopra and Additi Gupta, who play the lead roles in Ekta Kapoor’s serial “Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil”. But the two are still waiting for compliments from the television tsarina.In the soap, Harshad plays Prem and Additi features as his love interest Heer.
“I am still waiting for a compliment from Ekta ma’am,” Harshad told IANS when asked about the best comment he received from Ekta.
Asked the same question, Additi replied: “I went to see her once and I was casually dressed, she (Ekta) failed to recognise me. Then when someone told her that this is ‘Heer’ then she said ‘Oh! I thought you would be dressed in some salwar-kameez. I had to tell her that I don’t dress up like ‘Heer’ in real life.”
Ekta has been known to be friendly with only some of her actors, like Smriti Irani, Prachi Desai, Ronit Roy, Ram Kapoor and Shabbir Ahluwalia. With others, she keeps a distance.
Additi and Harshad were in the capital recently to promote their show that airs on the STAR Plus channel.
Ekta’s apparent lack of appreciation notwithstanding, Harshad is happy with his career graph.
He made his acting debut in a negative role in Zee TV’s show “Mamta”. But he was noticed as Cadet Ali Baig in “Left Right Left” and later seen in Sony TV’s “Amber Dhara”. His career took off when he got the chance to play the lead in “Kis Desh…”
Thanks to his increasing popularity, he was also offered the role of Arjun in Ekta’s “Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki”. He took it up without a second thought.
Commenting on his growth in the world of showbiz, Harshad said: ” ‘Mamta’ taught me the technicality of working, ‘Left Right Left’ brought me initial recognition, ‘Amber Dhara’ added to it and ‘Kis Desh…’ has added stars to my career.”
For 19-year-old Additi, a second year student of fashion design at Pune’s Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), acting was a sudden and unexpected turn in life.
“I never used to go to college on Saturdays, but that day I went and heard that auditions were on at the campus. I was wearing my night dress and they asked me to audition. I had never faced a camera before; so I was scared. But I was chosen. I didn’t really have to struggle,” Additi said.
Unlike Harshad, Additi has not been offered any role in any other Balaji Telefilms’ serial yet.
“A main lead is not supposed to be seen everywhere,” she consoled herself.
- My parents never wanted me to be an actor: Harshad Chopra - Aug 08, 2010
- I'm committed...just to my work: Harshad Chopra - Jun 08, 2010
- Harshad Chopda's True Confession - Jun 28, 2010
- Heer puzzled with her career - Oct 08, 2009
- 'Dharampatni' not about Gandhiji: Harshad Chopra - Aug 03, 2011
- Additi Gupta's learning experience! - Feb 01, 2010
- Remarriage of Heer and Prem - Oct 03, 2009
- Sneha is illegitimate child of Prem - Oct 22, 2009
- "If I Get Into Relationship, I Will Not Ditch That Person": Additi Gupta - Aug 13, 2010
- (Release at 8.30 p.m.) - Diwali family time for TV actors - Nov 01, 2010
- Time for reunion in Kis Desh... - Sep 23, 2009
- Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is closing shop! - Jan 29, 2010
- Chahat unveils the truth - Sep 14, 2009
- Husain, you'll live through your creations: Rahman (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2011
- "I am too young to marry" says Additti Gupta. - Oct 07, 2009