Documents stolen from Rajya Sabha employeeApril 11th, 2008 - 12:16 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) Parliamentary documents were stolen from the car of a senior Rajya Sabha official when he was driving to his east Delhi home, the police said Thursday. The incident occurred at Vikas Marg late Wednesday when Vimal Kumar, a Class 1 officer of the upper house of parliament, was driving to his Anand Vihar home.
Kumar told the police that an unidentified person lifted the documents, kept on the rear seat of the car, when he stopped his car at a traffic signal.
He said no cash or any other valuables were lost.
In a similar incident, a city-based businessman was robbed of cash and valuables worth Rs.25,000 on the same stretch of the road.
The police have registered the cases and are investigating.
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Three road cave-ins reported in Delhi - Sep 28, 2010
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi - Feb 28, 2012
- Cricketer Harbhajan's stolen bag recovered - Dec 13, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Rs.800,000 stolen from car in Delhi - Jan 07, 2010
- Octogenarian murdered in Delhi, house looted - May 04, 2011
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
- Three held for robbing businessman at gunpoint - Feb 22, 2011
- Man robbed at gunpoint, three car thefts in Noida - Sep 08, 2010
- One injured in accident with Brunei embassy car - Mar 23, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Registering servants with police bears fruit - Jul 08, 2011
- Robbery in east Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011