Doctors strike work after colleague manhandledSeptember 4th, 2008 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) Resident doctors of the city’s Bara Hindu Rao Hospital went on an indefinite strike Thursday after one of their colleagues was allegedly beaten up by relatives of a patient who died. The trouble began after the the patient, Ram Kumar (40), died on Wednesday. He was admitted to the hospital last week with multiple ailments.
“Kumar’s family members blamed the doctors for his death and went on a rampage. They beat up a junior doctor who was on night shift,” said Ravinder Sharma, president of the Resident Doctors Association.
“We are compelled to go on strike as our repeated demands for increasing security personnel in the hospital has gone unheeded by the Delhi government,” Sharma said.
The Out-Patients Department services at the hospital remained suspended and doctors did not visit the patients in the wards.
“My daughter is suffering from jaundice and since last night no doctor has visited the children’s ward,” the mother of 11-year-old Alisha said.
- Doctors call off strike in Maharashtra - Sep 11, 2011
- Lahore doctors' strike continues - Jun 23, 2012
- Bihar's junior doctors end strike; legislator surrenders - Feb 04, 2011
- Doctors' strike hits Maharashtra, talks fail - Sep 10, 2011
- Junior doctors suspend work in Kolkata hospital - Sep 25, 2010
- Junior doctors' strike continues in Andhra - Feb 12, 2012
- More Mumbai doctors strike work demanding safety - Sep 09, 2011
- Bihar junior doctors' strike claims over two dozen lives - Feb 02, 2011
- Eight die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals - Feb 11, 2012
- Hundreds of Bihar junior doctors strike work - Jan 31, 2011
- 10 die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- RJD legislator surrenders in Bihar court - Feb 04, 2011
- Eight children die as junior doctors continue strike - May 08, 2011
- 5,000 Kerala doctors on daylong strike - May 03, 2011
- RJD legislator surrenders in court, sent to jail (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011