Doctor’s son murdered, wife critically injured in GhaziabadFebruary 6th, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 6 (IANS) The son of a doctor was found murdered and his wife lying unconscious with multiple wounds in their house in Ghaziabad Thursday night, the police said Friday.The incident came to light Thursday night when the family’s milkman did not get any response at Dr.Rajesh Adeeb Chawla’s house in Satyadeep Apartments in the posh Raj Nagar area and informed the security guard, superintendent of police (City) Anant Dev told IANS.
As no one answered the door despite both repeatedly ringing the bell, the guard called up Chawla, who had gone for his exercise session at a health club in the area, the police officer said. As the doors were locked from inside, the three managed to enter the house by using a ladder to climb to the rear portion and breaking open a door, he added.
As they entered, they found Chawla’s wife Aditi (28), a homeopathy doctor like her husband, and son Sarthak (5) lying on the bed in a pool of blood. Both victims were immediately rushed to a local hospital where the son was pronounced dead and Aditi was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU), Anant Dev said.
According to a doctor at the hospital, Chawla’s wife bore cuts on her arteries and a stab wound on her stomach. She still has not regained unconsciousness. His son’s head was smashed with hammer blows.
According to the SP (City), a hammer and a screw driver were found lying near Chawla’s wife and son, and a case of murder and attempted murder has been registered against unidentified criminals.
“The mystery is yet to be solved. We are unable to break the case till the victim gains consciousness and is able to record her statement. Till now the case is absolutely dark but we are looking at every possible angle,” he said.
- Ghaziabad murder: Police still looking for clues - Feb 09, 2009
- Two sisters lock themselves up for 7 months, rescued - Apr 12, 2011
- Ex-army man guns down Delhi doctor, held (Second Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- Ex-IAF staffer shot dead, wife injured - Jan 19, 2012
- US man held for shooting ill wife in hospital bed - Aug 06, 2012
- No blood stains seen on Rajesh Talwar's dress: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
- Woman found murdered in Ghaziabad - Sep 14, 2012
- Three die in Jharkhand - Oct 23, 2011
- Irked at illicit relationship, sons shoot mother-paramour dead - Jun 15, 2012
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Ex-IAF officer, wife murdered (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- Argentine radio host wounded in botched robbery - Mar 14, 2012
- Five choke to death as house catches fire - Jan 04, 2011